Project 1 is not as done as I’d hoped. I found a website for writers and someone I paid forward on came back with notes on the first few chapters. I’ve got the first chapter way too front loaded and not detailed enough. Detailing it would of course result in more front loading, so I’m gonna have to redistribute some stuff. Another reader hit me with some ideas that are giving me pause. I’ve got some ham-handed flashbacks about a forward time jump and the suggestion is to not jump time. That would also add to the word count, which is a bit shy of what publishers of fantasy works expect.
Project 4 is rough draft complete, got some good feedback on it from a former classmate. It’s in the drawer now, I’ll come back to it with fresh eyes in a few weeks. Seriously. I have a reminder set. If anyone wants to read it it’s a short story, definitely a single sitting read.
Projects 2 and 8 look like they might be merged. But half of project 8 got cut out for piling on, and now I have to decide just how 2′s & 8′s stories combine. It’ll work, I’m convinced, just need to figure out how.
Projects 3, 6 & 7 are the next to work on. John August says given the option between film and prose projects, do prose, so that puts out Project 6. Project 7 needs more development and I want to write, so Project 3 it is.
It’s a mess. I mean, some of the writing isn’t even very good and the opening, like, nothing happens but a lot of exposition, or more explanation because it’s mostly characters explaining something to a new arrival. Still. Nothing happens. Not sure what to do about that. I’ll probably write it out and clean or cut it later. Gotta gets words on the page now, I’m on a bit of a roll.